Sunday, February 1, 2009

Getting Situated

Well, I am sad to say that I have never gotten over my jetlag. I think it may be caused by going out and staying up till 3 AM and then sleeping in until 1PM when able. The fact that my earliest class starts at 10 AM does not help either. The scheduling for classes is very strange here. There is no rhyme or reason like MWF or TTH schedules. I have two classes that are one day a week, one that is tuesday and friday, and one that is tuesday and wednesday. I cannot keep up with what class I have on which day without looking at my schedule or as they say here, timetable. On another note, this saturday I went to Stonehenge and Avebury. They were both amazingly beautiful, but the bitter cold took a lot of enjoyment out of it. I haven't seen the sun shine since I have been here, and it is a bit depressing. I am going to come back all pasty without a bit of tan left lol. I did meet a lot of other Americans on the trip that I may be going to the St. Patricks Day festival in Dublin with. I have been trying to find someone to travel with over my Easter break, but have not found anyone as of yet. I realized today that I have only been here a little over a week, but it feels as if I have already been here a month. I am quite homesick despite the excitement of being abroad for the first time. Oh and I almost forgot: I have joined both the hiking and sailing club (never really done either one lol) and I am really excited! My first sail is this wednesday if weather permits, and my first hike is this sunday! Well, I guess that is all for now. I miss everyone a lot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment