Monday, February 23, 2009

Seeing Wales



So my trip to Cardiff was really amazing. It was the day of the England vs. Wales Rugby Match (loads of people walking around wearing red, welsh gear, flags, and some dressed as dragons) so it was a really hectic day to go to Cardiff. We went to Cardiff Castle only to find out that we could only see certain parts of the castle, because of a private party going on. It was still really amazing though. We walked along the outer walls of the castle and got to see the Keep. We also got to try on different types of armor worn by knights. Mail is seriously heavy and I don't know how knights were able to walk around lol. We ended the day by eating at a lovely restaurant where I asked for sour cream for my potato, and got a big vat of something called salad cream lol. Not a good alternative.
This past Sunday I went on my first hiking trip to Three Cliffs Bay. It was really fun, but really exhausting as well. It was my first time to actually go to the beach since I have been here. I also saw another castle called Pennard Castle. This weekend I am going to Bath on Saturday and on another hike on Sunday. My friend Sam is also coming to Swansea this week from Orleans, France. I am going to try and show her around Swansea and introduce her to University life here!

No comments:

Post a Comment