Sunday, January 25, 2009

Swansea Life

So I guess I am bad at keeping up with my blog...lol. So I will try my best to at blog at least once a week. I have been having a great time so far in my new country! My room is finally put together, and I can get around by myself if needed. I also learned that going out 3 times a week is not something I am used to. I think I will stick to once or twice from now on. I really did enjoy pubgolfing, though. Pub golf consists of dressing up in golf like attire (argyle knee highs, plaid patterns, etc.) and going out to different bars and drinking holes (drinks). I didn't participate in the drinking part, because I was tired from the night before but I still had a blast dancing and seeing new venues.
The nightlife in Swansea is pretty amazing!
So no mobile phone as of yet, but I am looking forward to getting one tomorrow. Something interesting: in Britain it doesn't cost to receive texts or calls. I wish it was like that in America. I always hated that I got charged 10 cents for a stupid forward I didn't even want in the first place. Oh and I sorted out my schedule for my classes and I have no classes on Mondays! Also, my earliest class is at 10AM. I am super happy with my classes as well. I am taking The Biological Basis of Behavior, The Psychology of Early Childhood, Optics and Waves, and Roman Archeaology. I am a little nervous about the classes here, because grades are based on one exam and one essay in most cases. It is not like America, where there are several different assignments and at least two exams. Its good that I don't have to be stressed out as much during the semester, but I usually like to know where I stand grade-wise.
Well I guess I will find out what to expect on Tuesday. I will try to update soon!

Britny

No comments:

Post a Comment