Thursday, January 22, 2009

I am here!!!

I'm not even going to talk about getting to Swansea cause it was literally hell lol. All I will say is luggage is not fun. Well, characteristic of Wales weather I was greeted by rainfall. I got picked up at the train station and within minutes had managed to already do something crazy. Being used to the passenger side being on the right side of the car, I tried to get in on that side and Tom said, "I have to drive". I felt really silly, but it was pretty funny. From there, I went to the student village and met my flatmates. I am in a flat with three boys and 1 girl. Everyone in the house came out to greet me and invited me to go out with them. I felt really welcome, and I went out with them even though I was 6 hours jetlagged. The club we went to was called Play; it was student night so it was super crowded but really fun as well.

Today I went shopping and had to lug my groceries and other stuff across town. Not fun. I think I am going to get my groceries delivered from now on. Too bad we don't have that option in America. Another thing I love about the UK: PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. I can now get anywhere in town I need to go without having to hitch a ride with someone!! The independence is amazing.

On another note, I miss everyone from home a whole lot. Its strange, because I have never had a problem being away from home but now I am so far away that it feels worse than usual. At least before I knew I could be home if I needed or desired to be. Going without communication and not having a cell phone is very strange. Tomorrow or soon I should be getting a mobile phone so I have a way to call home, but for now I am relying on email and chat. Well, I have my orientation tomorrow so maybe I will get my schedule and stuff! Yay! Well I will be back tomorrow!
For Austin: I love you!
For Sarah: I love you too prom date!

Cheers,
Britny

No comments:

Post a Comment